SHOW AND SALE
Organized by the Art Society of Strathcona County (ASSC)
“We believe equal opportunity is extremely important and everyone is unique in their own way. We strive to create an open, inclusive and equal environment in which everyone has the opportunity to flourish. Our goal is to provide mentorship, friendship and education to all.”
2024 SHOW INFORMATION
Opens: Dec. 23, 2023
Closes: Midnight April 14, 2024
The Student Show features art from students in Grades 10, 11 and 12,
attending an accredited school / program in Strathcona County
- Your art to be for sale and exhibited publicly
- Your work to be exhibited in our weekend ASSC Student Art Show, Competition and Sale. Award winning selected works will move into Strathcona County's Gemstone Gallery at Emerald Hills LC for one year.
- All submissions to be juried for individual prize money for Best in Show, First, Second and Third places in each grade. Prize monies generously provided by Strathcona County and County Clothesline Foundation.
Selected artworks to display in the Strathcona County Community Centre for one year
Partnering with Strathcona County and providing these opportunities, we celebrate
our local youth's talent and hope to empower them to pursue their skills, passion and dreams.
Planning now with Covid precautions in mind:
- The physical show will be open to family, friends and the public with any current health restrictions in place.
- Drop-off art dates and times will be scheduled for students in the days preceding the physical show.
WHEN IS THE 2024 SHOW?
May 3rd, 2024, 7-9pm - Reception
May 4th, 2024, 12-4pm - Show open for viewing
May 5th, 2024, 12-4pm - Show open for viewing
WHERE IS THE 2023 SHOW?
(the Red Barn)
WHO CAN ENTER?
Grade 10, 11, 12 and Special Ed. students attending an accredited school/program in Strathcona County.
Each student may enter two pieces of artwork.
WHAT CAN I ENTER?
Please click on the links below for Student Show Documents
STUDENT SHOW ENTRY FORM - use this form to register for the Student Show (Entry opens December 23, 2023 until April 14, 2024)
ART LABEL - use this document to label your artwork; to be affixed on the back of hung art, or underneath of 3D art
SHOW GUIDELINES & PRIVACY REGULATIONS (PDF) - read all guidelines for how to present your art, how art will be judged, and about our privacy regulations
Winning Art from the 2024 Student Art Show will be exhibited in the Gallery 501!
(Arts Development Program)