Opens: Dec. 20, 2022
Closes: Midnight April 15, 2023
The Student Show features art from students in Grades 10, 11 and 12,
attending an accredited school / program in Strathcona County
- Your art to be for sale and exhibited publicly
- Your work to be exhibited in our ASSC Student Art Show, Competition and Sale. Award winning selected works will move into the Strathcona County Gallery 501 for an approximate 6-week Salon Series Show.
- All submissions to be juried for individual prize money for Best in Show, First, Second and Third places in each grade. Prize monies generously provided by Strathcona County and County Clothesline Foundation.
Selected artworks to display in the Strathcona County Community Centre for one year
Partnering with Strathcona County and providing these opportunities, we celebrate
our local youth's talent and hope to empower them to pursue their skills, passion and dreams.
Planning now with Covid precautions in mind:
- The physical show will be open to family, friends and the public with any current Covid restrictions in place.
- Drop-off art dates and times will be scheduled for students in the days preceding the physical show.
WHEN IS THE 2023 SHOW?
May 5th, 2023, 7-9pm - Reception
May 6th, 2023, 12-4pm - Show open for viewing
May 7th, 2023, 12-4pm - Show open for viewing
WHERE IS THE 2023 SHOW?
A.J. Ottewell Community Centre
(the Red Barn)
WHO CAN ENTER?
Grade 10, 11, 12 and Special Ed. students attending an accredited school/program in Strathcona County.
Next year's show will be offered as a physical show unless pandemic restrictions are still present. Instructions for an online show will be added if necessary. Image requirements and the info needed to be sent in are explained below. Presentation requirements are the same and are also listed below.
WHAT CAN I ENTER?
Please click on the links below for Student Show Documents
STUDENT SHOW ENTRY FORM - use this form to register for the Student Show (Entry opens December 20, 2022 until April 15, 2023)
ART LABEL - use this document to label your artwork; to be affixed on the back of hung art, or underneath of 3D art
SHOW GUIDELINES & PRIVACY REGULATIONS (PDF) - read all guidelines for how to present your art, how art will be judged, and about our privacy regulations
Winning Art from the 2023 Student Art Show will be exhibited in the Gallery 501!
(Arts Development Program)